Monday, April 26, 2010

Square 4: Coffee

So, obviously this square is not nearly as sentimental (sappy?) as the previous one -- this one is strictly practical.  I love coffee.   I love the way it smells as it brews, and I really love the way it helps me through my morning.

I was hooked from a very young age.  When we would go to visit my grandmother in Louisiana, she would bring cafe au lait (thick with more sugar than anything else) to us in bed in the morning when it was time to get up.  And just like that, a coffee addict was born.

Coffee helped me through law school, it helped me work around the clock as a young lawyer, and now it really helps me with two young kids.  Thanks, coffee!  Now I'm off for another cup.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I have to admit, I just started planning my sampler having only found your stitch-a-long this weekend but this is one idea I may have to "copy"! My grandma used to give me a little coffee with sugar and milk as a young child..then coffee helped me when I was up feeding newborns, and then when my career took off it helped me get up in the middle of the night to go off to do a training for the night shift (quite often!)....thank you and BEAUTIFUL WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think your square is great! And if it gets you through the day, it's a blessing!

    ReplyDelete