Friday, April 23, 2010

Square 2: Love

For this square, I decided to do "love."  I think love, in its many different forms, will probably show up in many squares on this sampler, because love has so much to do with so many of the blessings in my life: my parents, my spouse, my children, my friends -- that's really all about love at the core of it.

I had my husband in mind when I put these two hearts together.  He is such a monumental blessing to me that he's going to need WAY more than just one square, but this was a good start.  :)

Wishing you all love and blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am participating in this project also. I was wondering if you could tell me what thread you are using. In the picture it looks almost like yarn. I really like the way it looks.
    Thanks,
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carey,
    Hi there! I am using pearl cotton. You find it in the same aisle as the other thread, but it's usually hanging up, and it comes in twists that look like the ones in my banner picture above. I started using pearl cotton on my 39 squares project, and I loved the way it looks because it has a thicker texture than regular floss. I think it's also good for beginners like me! :)
    Hope that helps!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beginner? You don't look like a beginner!
    I love this square...your hearts and flowers are sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete