Monday, May 3, 2010

Square 11: Health

I realized pretty soon into this project that I do not have the stitching skills nor the boundless imagination needed to stitch a complete picture for each of 100 squares.  Also, I really like incorporating lace and other little bits of things into my sampler, like I did on my 39 squares sampler.  So, here and there I will have a collage square, and this is one of them.

For this square, I stitched two rows out of this delicate vintage lace, and then put yellow French knots on top.  It's going to stand for the blessing of health.  I try not to take my health for granted, but there's nothing like a little speed bump (or a herniated disk!) to wake you up and make you appreciate having a fully functioning, healthy body.  I'm slowly getting back to normal now, with less and less pain from the back issue, and now I'm planning to re-dedicate myself to being as healthy as I can be, each day.

So, for today I celebrate the blessing of health, and wish all of you much health and happiness!

3 comments:

  1. Great post...your initial comments made me giggle because I have been thinking the same thing.
    The collage is wonderful. The lace is very pretty.
    smiles,
    alicia in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison! Very pretty, and such a great idea to incorporate vintage laces and trimmings. Love the color yellow too, so cheery and bright! I have some buttons and trims from my grandmother that I'd like to add to my own at some point too. There really are so MANY ways we can be creative with this!.. Can't wait to see how that center of yours is going to come out. It certainly looks beautiful so far! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison! I love your idea of just creating a pretty square and having it represent something. I'm going to be doing alot of that too, because in addition to being a newbie stitcher, I just love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete