Friday, November 12, 2010

Off to the Races!

I stitched the grid last night!  Woo hoo!  I'm excited to get this project started!  I went back and forth about whether to stitch the whole grid first.  When I did the 39 Squares sampler, I stitched the outline of each square as I went along, with whatever color seemed right at the time.

I liked the overall effect of that, because even though there were three different colors for the grid, when it was all done it just seemed to work. But this time, I decided to do the whole thing green. 

You can see that some of my stitches are better than others!  :)   Well, now that the grid is done I'm going to spend some time sketching ideas for my squares!  How's your project coming along?

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I can't decide if I want to do squares or freestyle. Then, I was thinking of having the outline of the project be a Christmas shape, like a tree or bell. I'll have to see what everyone else is doing before I finalize my decision...but I have to get going;D

    ReplyDelete